ICC World Cup T20 2022

4 Contenders For India’s No.4 Position in ICC World Cup T20 2022

Get ready for one of the biggest ICC Tournaments on Australia’s soil this year as the ICC World Cup T20 2022 starts in less than three months. The Biggest T20 carnival, delayed from 2020 due to the Covide-19 pandemic, will begin in 90 days. Every participating team has begun their preparation for this Mega event that is going to be played between October, 16 and November, 13, this year.

Indian cricket team failed to qualify for playoffs in the last ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in 2021 and would like to do better performance this time. India has tried many players at the number 4 position in T20I. We take a look at the best contenders for the number 4 position for India.

Top Four Contenders For No.4 Position in ICC World Cup T20 2022

ICC World Cup T20 2022

1. Suryakumar Yadav

Suryakumar Yadav has impressed everyone with his fearless batting since making his debut in International cricket. The right-hander, who made his T20I debut in March 2021, was part of the Indian troop that played the T20 World Cup in 2021. SKY has appeared in 19 International T20 so far and scored 537 at an extraordinary strike rate of 177.2. He has a batting average of 38.4 in the T20I. He also smashed a hundred and four fifties in International T20.

2. Rishabh Pant

The talented left-handed batsman, Rishabh Pant is someone who likes to bat in the top four. India is trying him at the number 4 position in One Day International. Another advantage that Pant had is he is left-handed and the top three in the Indian T20 team are all right-handed.

Coming to his T20 stats, Rishabh Pant has smashed 768 runs at a decent average of 22.6 and strike rate of 124.3 in 50 T20 games. His International T20 stats did not justify the level the talent he possesses. He has smashed three fifties in T20I.

3. Deepak Hooda

Deepak Hooda is giving tough competition for the no.4 position for ICC World Cup T20 2022 with his performance in International cricket. Hooda has been phenomenal since IPL 2022. The right-handed batsman has recently smashed a T20 hundred against Ireland and also looked in great nick in the recently concluded series.

Deepak Hooda has played 6 International T20 games and scored 205 at an impressive average of 68.3 and a blistering strike rate of 172.3. He did not play enough T20 games at the International level. However, he has got plenty of experienced while playing in IPL.

4. Hardik Pandya

Hardik Pandya was very good for Gujarat Titans at the number 4 position in the Indian Premier League 2022. He has shown in the IPL 2022 that he is capable of playing sensible and aggressive inning. The right-handed batsman has smacked 770 runs at an average of 24.1 and strike rate of 147.2 in 63 T20 for India.

Similar Posts