Cricket NewsEnglandIndiaInternational T20T20Teams

India vs England T20 series: England take lead 1-0

England won the 1st T20 match of India vs England T20 series by 8 wickets and take a lead of 1-0 in the ongoing T20 series. England team played like a true champion as they outplayed India in every department of the match and won the match in just 15.3 overs. Shreyas Iyer was the top performer from the Indian side as he played his best T20 knock in the 1st T20 of India vs. England T20 series in Ahmedabad.

India vs England T20 series Ind vs Eng T20 Shardul Thakur BBL 2020 ipl 2021 Pink-Ball Test Match India vs England 2021

Image from Unsplash

India vs England T20 series: Shreyas Iyer a lone warrior

Many Cricket experts and Fans question about including Shreyas Iyer over Surkuryakumar Yadav in 1st T20. However, Shreyas proved himself as he scored 67 runs off 48 balls. He took the team total to a respective score of 124 runs. Unfortunately, he did not end up on the winning side. After the match,

Shreyas Iyer said during the virtual conference, ” I have faced situations like today in the Indian Premier League before. So it was not the first time for me as I came out to bat in such a situation. My aim to play the entire 20 overs, till the end of the inning, and I know that the momentum can shift if we get some boundaries in the middle overs.”

India vs England T20 series: Jofra Archer the man of the match

Jofra Archer won the man of the match award as he picked three crucial wickets and restricted India to a total of 124 runs. Jorfra Archer picked the wicket of KL Rahul, Hardik Pandiya, and Shardul Thakur. After the match, Jofra Archer said that “When the competition becomes tough. Then, the competition brings the best out of you as you set up into the game.”

Summary of 1st T20 of India vs England T20 series

England skipper Eoin Morgan won the toss and elected to bowl first in Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. India did not get the ideal start as they lost three wickets inside the powerplay. First Archer cleaned bowled K L Rahul on 1. In the next over, Virat Kohli got out for another duck as he tried to play a lofted shot over short cover on Adil Rashid bowl. Unfortunately finds the fielder at short cover. Mark Wood cleaned up Shikar Dhawan and took his first wicket too.

Rishabh Pant played some delightful shots before getting out on 21. Ben Stokes picked the wicket of Pant. After that Shreyas Iyer and Hardik Pandiya started the recovery process and added 54 runs partnership before Pandya got out on 19 runs. India reached a respective total of 124 runs in their 20 overs thanks to Shreyas Iyer inning.

In reply, England got a flying start as England openers added 72 partnerships for the first wicket. Jos Buttler scored 28 runs. While Jason Roy missed his well deserve fifty as he got out on 49 runs in 32 balls. England chase down the target comfortably with 8 wickets in hand. (source)

India will try to bounce in upcoming T20 match of India vs England T20 series. While England will try to continue their winning momentum.

Related posts
T20

Road Safety World Series 2022 Schedule, Venue, Team News

This article will describe the Road Safety World Series 2022 schedule, venue, and team details.
Read more
Cricket NewsCricket StatsInternational T20ODITest

Who Hit The Longest Six In Cricket History

Today, we describe the best five players who hit the longest six in cricket? Before beginning the…
Read more
Cricket NewsIndia

India Ka Match Kab Hai 2022- Full Schedule

This post will tell you India ka match kab hai (means -When is the Indian team’s match). The…
Read more
Newsletter
Become a Trendsetter
Sign up for Davenport’s Daily Digest and get the best of Davenport, tailored for you.