Indian Premier League is one of the most lucrative franchise-based, cash-rich T20 leagues in the world and has attracted famous cricketers across the world through its popularity and exquisite pay packages. According to the Insidesport report, 789 cricketers till date have earned a salary figure of Rs.6144 crore since IPL’s inaugural edition. Of which, 489 are Indian players and have earned 3433 crores. Indian players have earned 56.7% of the total amount spend by IPL Franchise in 14 IPL Auction.
image from unsplash
The remaining 297 are foreigners and have earned 2710 crore from the Indian Premier League. MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, and Rohit Sharma are the only players who have earned about 125 crores as IPL salary. Four Indians and One foreigner have earned more than 100 crores. Now, we take a look at the top five highest-paid players of each IPL team.
IPL Players salary 2021: Mumbai Indians
Rohit Sharma the most successful captain in IPL History, is the highest-paid cricketer on the Mumbai Team. The second spot is taken by Hardik Pandya who can bat and bowl. The elder brother of Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya takes the 3rd spot with Rs.8.8 crore salary. Krunal Pandey is a left-hander batsman and can win matches with his bowling also. Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah on 4th is the key player of Mumbai side after Rohit Sharma. He was the second-highest wicket-taker in IPL 2020 in UAE. New rising start of India Ishan Kishan on 5th spot.
- Rohit Sharma, Salary – 15 Cr
- Hardik Pandya, Salary – 11 Cr
- Krunal Pandya, Salary – 8.8 Cr
- Jasprit Bumrah, Salary – 7 Cr
- Ishan Kishan, Salary – 6.2 Cr
IPL Players salary 2021: Chennai Super Kings
Dhoni who would become the first players to earn more than 150 crores in this year’s IPL, is top on the list of highest salaries from Chennai Super Kings in this year’s IPL. The second spot is taken by Suresh Raina. Suresh Raina is one of the most successful IPL batsmen. Krishnapp Gowtham who was picked by CSK management during IPL Auction 2021 is third on this list. Both Ravindra Jadeja and Moeen Ali are in the 4th spot.
- Mahender Singh Dhoni, Salary – 15 Cr
- Suresh Raina, Salary – 11 Cr
- Krishnappa Gowtham, Salary – 9.25 Cr
- Ravindra Jadeja, Salary – 7 Cr
- Moeen Ali, Salary – 7 Cr
IPL Players salary 2021: Royal Challenger Bangalore
Virat Kohli is the highest-paid cricketer in the IPL history and no doubt that he is on top of the RCB list too. Next on the list is a newly added player to the squad, That is Kyle Jamieson. The Kiwi all-rounder created many records during IPL Auction 2021. Glenn Maxwell who was also brought by Royal Challenger Banglore is on the third. Mr.360 was in the 2nd spot before the IPL Auction. Now, he is slip to the no.4 spot. Chahal is on 5th in the list with a 6 crore salary.
- Virat Kohli, Salary – 17 Cr
- Kyle Jamieson, Salary – 15 Cr
- Glenn Maxwell, Salary – 14.25 Cr
- AB deVilliers, Salary – 11 Cr
- Yuzvendra Chahal, Salary – 6 Cr
IPL Players salary 2021: Kolkata Knight Riders
Pat Cummins who was the costliest overseas player in IPL before the IPL Auction 2021, is top the chart with Rs.15.5 crore salary. Cummins is a fast bowler from Australia and can bat too. Sunil Narine who is the key player of KKR is on 2nd spot. The Big-hitter Andre Russell takes the 3rd spot in this list. Kolkata Knight Riders former captain Dinesh Karthik on 4th. While Kuldeep Yadav on the 5th spot.
- Pat Cummins, Salary – 15.5 Cr
- Sunil Narine, Salary – 12.5 Cr
- Andre Russell, Salary – 8.5 Cr
- Dinesh Karthik, Salary – 7.4 Cr
- Kuldeep Yadav, Salary – 5.8 Cr
IPL Players salary 2021: Punjab Kings
Punjab Kings picked the Australian fast bowler Jhye Richardson in a whopping amount of Rs.14 crore in this IPL Auction in February. Kings captain Lokesh Rahul who was in good form in the last season is in the 2nd spot. The 3rd in the list is newly picked Riley Meredith with Rs.8 crore salary. Indian Fast bowler Mohammed Shami is in the 4th spot. While Pooran on 5th spot.
- Jhye Richardson, Salary – 14 Cr
- Lokesh Rahul, Salary – 11 Cr
- Riley Meredith, Salary – 8 Cr
- Mohammed Shami, Salary – 4.8 Cr
- Nicholas Pooran, Salary – 4.2 Cr
IPL Players salary 2021: Sunrisers Hyderabad
David Warner has the highest salary in the Orange army squad with Rs.12.5 crore. SRH has won the IPL trophy under his captaincy in 2016. Manish Pandey is on the 2nd spot. The Afghan cricketer is on the 3rd spot. Indian pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Siddarth Kaul make a spot on the list with 8.5 crores and 3.8 crores resp. salary.
- David Warner, Salary – 12.5 Cr
- Manish Pandey, Salary – 11 Cr
- Rashid Khan, Salary – 9 Cr
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Salary – 8.5 Cr
- Siddarth Kaul, Salary – 3.8 Cr
IPL Players salary 2021: Rajasthan Royal
Chris Morris is the costliest overseas player in the IPL history and no doubt he tops the list also. He was brought by Rajasthan Royal for a whopping amount of Rs.16.25 crore in the IPL 2021 Auction. English all-rounder Ben Stokes is on the 2nd spot. Ben has been a consistent performer for the RR side. The newly appointed captain Sanju Samson is on the 3rd with Rs.8 crore salary. Jofra Archer takes the 4th spot in the list. Jos Buttler and Shivam Dube are jointly in the 5th spot with Rs.4.4 crore salary.
- Chris Morris, Salary – 16.25 Cr
- Ben Stokes, Salary – 12.5 Cr
- Sanju Samson, Salary – 8 Cr
- Jofra Archer, Salary – 7.2 Cr
- Jos Buttler and Shivam Dube, Salary – 4.4 Cr
IPL Players salary 2021: Delhi Captial
Delhi Capital wicket-keeper batsman Rishabh Pant is on top of the list with Rs.15 crore salary. The left-hander batsman is capable of playing the big shot. Another hitter makes it into the list. Hetmyer is a left-hander batsman and plays from West Indies. Next on the list is Indian off-spinner Ashwin with Rs.7.60 crore. Delhi Captial Skipper Shreyas Iyer is in the 4th spot. While Ajinkya Rahane is in the 5th spot. (source)
- Rishabh Pant, Salary – 15 Cr
- Shimron Hetmyer, Salary – 7.75 Cr
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Salary – 7.60 Cr
- Shreyas Iyer, Salary – 7 Cr
- Ajinkya Rahane, Salary – 5.25 Cr
This is the IPL Players salary 2021 of all IPL teams.