On 18 February, a total of 292 players went under the hammer in Auction IPL 2021 in Chennai. In the six hours auction-packed IPL Auction, some players were brought at a whopping price. While some players who had proven themselves on the international circuit went unsold. This is the beauty of Auction. Players like Jhye Richarson, Krishana Goutham, Chris Morris, Kyle Jamieson, and Maxwell created records during the Auction.
Photo credit: unsplash
Now, we will discuss top five international players who went unsold during IPL Auction 2021.
Auction IPL 2021: Five International players who would not taking part in this year IPL
- Alex Hales: Alex Hales is the highest run-getter in Big Bash League 2020-2021. Hales was not picked by any IPL Team despite good performance in recent times. In BBL 2020-21, He smashed 543 runs with a strike rate of 161.61 as an opener. He is also ignored by England’s selectors. This was the biggest surprise in Auction IPL 2021.
- Aaron Finch: Aaron Finch who is ranked no.3 in the ICC T20 ranking, will be disappointed to miss out on playing this year’s Indian Premier League. Finch had played for Royal Challengers Bangalore last season and scored 268 runs at an average of 22.33 and a strike of 111.20. He was released by RCB management before Auction.
- Mitchell McClenaghan: Mitchell McClenaghan who had played for Mumbai Indians for six years, went unsold. He was a proven match-winner for MI teams and played his part in Mumbai wins over the years. He had played 56 IPL matches from Mumbai sides and picked 71 wickets at an average of 25.39. He had a good experience and would have been handy for teams like Kings Punjab and Rajasthan Royals. (source)
- Jason Roy: Jason Roy who showed impressive form during BBL 2020-21, was one of the biggest snubs of the Auction. He smashed 355 runs with a strike rate of 130 in Big Bash League 2020-21 and everyone thought that his record would have been enough for Franchises to go after him. However, no franchises were interested in him.
- Adil Rashid: Rashid who is regarded as one of the best leg spinners and ranked no.4 in ICC T20s, went unsold. Michael Vaughan also got surprised that no IPL teams go for him in Auction IPL 2021.
Recommend post- IPL 2021 Players List of All Teams is Out
Do you agree with list?? Comment your thoughts