Indian Premier League will become more competitive from 2022 with the addition of two new teams named Gujarat Titans and Lucknow Super Giants. You can imagine the popularity of the Indian Premier League from the bidding amount for these two new teams. The board got a whopping amount of Rs 12715 crores from the selling of two new teams.
We shall cover the full form of IPL and other FAQ questions related to this marquee League in this article, so keep reading.
IPL Full Form?
Full-Form of IPL is ‘Indian Premier League. Indian Premier League, which started in 2008, is the biggest franchise-based T20 league globally, with a recording-breaking viewership of 31.6 million last year and the most-attended cricket league before the Covid-19 pandemic. Indian Premier League has an insane fan base as it has a huge fan following on social sites as well.
Who is the Founder of IPL
In 2007, the Indian Premier League was founded by the governing body for cricket in India i.e. ‘BCCI’. Lalit Modi, who was the BCCI vice-president at that time, was the mastermind behind the Indian Premier League. He planned everything about the format, franchise-based team, prize money, and the number of overseas players in playing XI. Two main reasons forced BCCI to announce a T20 league.
- The Indian Cricket League(ICL), which started in 2007 without the consent of BCCI, was funded by Zee Entertainment Enterprises. BCCI increased domestic prize money and imposed a lifetime ban on players joining the Indian Cricket League. Later they come up with the idea of the Indian Premier League.
- India’s victory in the inaugural T20 World Cup in 2007 also helped BCCI announce a franchise-based T20 league.
What is the Full Form of IPL Teams
We have already covered IPL full form and its brief introduction. Now we will tell you about the Indian Premier League teams. Indian Premier League has eight teams that compete each year. Now, with the addition of two new teams, it will be a ten-team competition from 2022. CVC Capital Partners and RPSG Group are the owners of Gujarat Titans and Lucknow Super Giants respectively. The league has a double round-robin format, which means each team will face twice in the league stage and the top four will qualify for the playoffs. The top two teams got two chances to qualify for the final.
Mumbai Indians who hold five trophies currently is the most successful franchise. Mumbai won their first title in the 6th season of the Indian Premier League and never looked back from there. Later they won in 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020 in UAE. CSK is the second most successful team after MI. (source)
|FAQ||IPL team Full Form||Winner|
|RCB||Royal Challengers Bangalore||0|
|PBKS IPL full form||Punjab Kings||0|
|KKR||Kolkata Knight Riders||2|
|CSK||Chennai Super Kings||3|
|DC Full Form in IPL||Delhi Capitals||0|
|LSG||Lucknow Super Giants||–|
Rules of Indian Premier League
- As per the latest rule for team composition in 2022, A team can maintain a squad of 18 to 25 players, including a maximum of 8 foreign players.
- A maximum of four overseas players is allowed to play in the playing XI.
- A Franchise can spend a maximum of USD 12 million on their entire squad.
- Each time has given a strategic timeout of 2.30 minutes. The bowling team can take strategic time between 6 to 9 overs. In contrast, the batting team can take strategic time between 13 to 16 overs. For more Indian Premier League facts
IPL Ka Full Form
IPL Ka Full Form (means What is the full form of IPL) is ‘Indian Premier League.